10.01.2012

Sunday Tailgate and Chicken Wings

I'm a big fan of chicken wings, and more so recently I've been doing them on the weber.  Here's a quick run down of my way of doing wings:
  • Set up the weber for indirect cooking - put all the charcoal on one side of the weber (about 50/50).
  • I typically buy a large quantity of whole wings and use a pair of kitchen scissors to seperate the drums and the flats
  • Season all of the wings with salt and pepper
  • Grill the wings directly over the coals until they have a nice crisp / charred coating on them
  • Move all of the wings over to the indirect portion of the grill - continue to cook (or bake) them until the wings are done
Now the wings are done at this point and can be eaten as is.  However, for the true effect this is where I add some flavor:
  • Pick out a couple of marinades from the store
  • Yesterday I cooked 30-40 wings and divided them into 3 seperate bowls
  • Add your marinate to the bowl, cover, and shake until all of the wings are coated in sauce
Typical style of wings I make:
  • Regular Buffalo Sauce (Franks, Louisiana, or Texas Pete preferred)
  • Honey Teriyaki
  • Lemon Pepper
  • Jerk
  • Buffalo BBQ
  • Hawaiian BBQ
  • Regular BBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment