10.03.2012

A Day of Ribs

One Sunday I found myself at Kroger trying to figure out what I wanted to cook that afternoon.  Their rib selection looked very good that day.  I couldn't decide what kind of ribs I wanted to cook, so I ended up buying three different racks.  You will probably see rib recipes a lot on this page as it's one of my favorites to smoke, but here's a first about an afternoon of Beef Back Ribs, Beef Short Rips, and Pork Back Ribs.


Beef back:
·         Rub – weber Kansas city rub
·         Mop – beef stock, 1 cube beef bouillon, apple juice, hint of pineapple teriyaki marinade
Baby back:
·         Rub – Kroger had some store rub lightly coated, added extra Kroger texas bbq rub
·         Mop – apple juice ½ cup, pineapple teriyaki marinade ½ cup, honey
Beef short:
·         Rub – weber Kansas city rub
·         Mop – splash apple, splash pineapple teriyaki marinade, ½ cup Jamaican jerk marinade



The cook: I usually go with the 3-2-1 method.  3 hour smoke at 225 degrees using apple or cherry wood chips, 2 hours wrapped in foil with my mop inside to steam the ribs, 1 hour out of foil back on the grill to finish them.  For the last hour you can lightly baste your ribs with the mop or save it for dipping.

Finished Product:


No comments:

Post a Comment