1.15.2013

Pork Chops with Pineapple Habanero Jelly

This was a rather easy weeknight meal I put together, but the key was the Pineapple Habanero jelly that my mother in law made for us. 
 
 
Step 1: Place two pork chops in a ziplock back and brine with publix mojo marinade (goes great with chicken or pork).  Season the chops with some citrus basil rub and place over indirect heat on the BGE at 300 degrees.  I also added some apple wood chips for an enhanced smoky flavor.  Grill until the internal temp reaches 160 degrees.
 
 
Step 2: Pull the chops and allow them to rest for 5-10 minutes.  At this point I was also cooking quinoa and steaming broccoli to serve as my sides.  I heated the pineapple habanero jelly slighly in the microwave.

 
Step 3: Slice the pork chops and plate them.
 
Step 4: Top the sliced pork with pineapple habanero jelly and enjoy.  You can tell this was a simple weeknight meal by the use of paper plates.  Nothing better than not having to do the dishes afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment