6.04.2013

Neopolitan Style Pizza & Capri Salad

My wife and I had our good friends and former roommates in town this week from Nashville, and Stephanie and Meredith wanted Pizza.  Rather than cook the same old pizza I typically make, I wanted to do something both lighter and more authentic Italian.  This was the end result.
 
 
Regular Neapolitan Pizza: thin crust, tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and basil leaves
 
 
Tom's Version: thin crust, tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella but also a little shredded as well to fill in some gaps, parmesan, pepperoni, portobello mushrooms, and Italian seasoning
 
 
 
 
Capri Salad: fresh sliced tomatoes and mozzarella, basil leaf, and balsamic vinegar
 

 
 
This meal turned out to be a pretty big hit, and needless to say I will be making this style of pizza more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment