6.11.2013

Grilled Stir Fry

This is the new Weber Grill Wok I recently found and purchased at a garage sale.   After using it only once I question whether the previous owner had even used it at all.  Woks discolor with use and heat, and this one was in perfect condition when I bought it.  It is now seasoned and will certainly be used again.
 
The first thing I did was build a very large coal base.  Let the coals mature and then spread them throughout the weber for even heat distribution on the wok.  You want the wok to be very hot for cooking, so don't worry too much about adding too many coals.
 
 
 Once the wok was hot I added some wok oil which immediately smoked once it hit the wok surface. This told me the wok was at the right temperature.  The first food I added was some chicken sausage. I've heard that it's really good to season a wok with bacon, so I figured sausage would be the next best thing. 
 
 As you can see, the sausage seared and cooked rather quickly.
 
 
 Next I added some shrimp which were peeled.  This also cooked up quick at which point I pulled the shrimp and sausage and placed it in a serving bowl.
 
 
Everytime I add something new to the wok I add a little more wok oil.  Next up were the veggies which were partially frozen.  I sautéed these in the wok until they became tender.
 

 
 Next in the stir fry was pad thai noodles which I precooked.  These were part of a package, but I only cooked the pasta and reserved the sauce packet that came with for the grill wok. 
 
 
Once the pasta was separated and mixed with the veggies I began adding a little bit of soy sauce and orange stir fry sauce.  I added a little more sauce in three separate stages while continuing to stir the food.
 
At this point the stir fry is nearing completion.  I add the shrimp and sausage back to the wok along with some sesame seeds.
 
Lastly I add one more batch of sauce and really stir everything together.
 

 
Pictured below is the finished product topped with some crushed cashews.
 


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/10/2013

    Indeed, I've been surfing different Stir Fry Sauce that matches my grilled stirs fry. I think this is the perfect recipe combination for my grilled stir fry. I will buy all the important things and ingredients needed here. I wish I can do it great. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete