4.21.2013

Taco Salad

 This is a simple and delicious meal that I made Sunday evening.  Over the weekend I purchased two "as seen on TV"  taco shell molds from an outlet store, and I was dying to use them.  My wife kept giving me a hard time for wanting these, but I have to say that they do come in pretty handy.  Here is how I made our taco salads.
 
Ingredients:
  • Ground turkey
  • Red & Green bell peppers
  • Caribbean Rice
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • Flour tortillas
  • Taco seasoning
  • Sour cream
  • Homemade Guacamole - Rotel, avocado, and guacamole seasoning
  • Mexican Cheese
  • Jalapenos
  • Taco sauce
 
 
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375.  Place flour tortillas in the mold and press until it forms a bowl shape.  Bake at 375 for about 10-15 minutes or until your desired crispiness.
 
 
 
Step 2: Season cut up bell peppers with Taco seasoning and sautee.  Do the same with the ground turkey in another pan. 
 

 
Step 3: Enjoy a homemade Margarita!  I like mine on the rocks and with a agave reposado tequila.  Fill a rocks glass with cubed ice, fill about half way with tequila, add margarita mix until almost full, and the top with a Gran Gala floater.  Garnish with a lime.
 

 
Step 4: Build your taco salad.  I start with romaine on the bottom.  Next, sprinkle in some Caribbean rice.
 
Step 5: Add sautéed bell peppers and cooked ground turkey
 

 
Top with Mexican cheese.  I also added jalapenos to mine.
 

 
Step 6: Finish with sour cream, guacamole, and taco sauce.  Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment